Sunday, April 29, 2007

Nawal al-Zoghbi - Oh Myنوال الزغبي - يانا ياناYana Yana

This song has some translation problems. "Yana" means 'oh my' but conveying a sort of pain or shock. Also the "first fruits" which are a translation of "bashayer" could actually be translated as "good omens" and I think both connotations are intended. I don't know what jujubes are really but wikipedia knows. Got a live video there and the mp3 of the album version.





Nawal al-Zoghbi - Oh My

Oh me oh my
From the one that I love
Oh my
Everyone sleeps tonight
While I am sleepless

I have a garden that grows green grapes
Breezes came up while you came swaggering
And I went to you my dark-skinned man
Passion got involved and my heart caught fire
Oh my!

I have a garden that grows jujubes
The first fruits came up and increased my torment
And I went to you with open heart and door
Passion got involved and my heart caught fire
Oh my!

I have a garden that grows limes
The first fruits came up and dazzled my eyes
And I went to you doing what they blame me
Passion got involved and my heart caught fire
Oh my!

نوال الزغبي - يانا يانا

آه يـانـا يـانـا من اللــي أحــبو يـانـــــا
النـــاس تنام الليل و أنـــــا سـهـــرانـــة

عندي جنينة تطــــرح العنب الأخــــضـــر
طرحت نسايم و إنت جـــايي تتــــمــختر
و أنــا روحت عنـــدك لاعزمك يالاســمر
شبــــك الغـــرام و القـــلب ولـــــع يــانا

عــنـدي جــنــيـــنة تطـــرح العـــنابـــي
طرحـت بشــايــر زودت لـــي عذابـــــي
و أنا روحت عندك فاتحة قلـبي و بابي
شبــك الغــرام و الــقــلــــب ولـــع يــانا

عــنــدي جــنـينـة تــطرح اللــــيــمــوني
طــرحت بشــاير زغلــلت لـــي عيـــوني
و أنا روحت عندك عند في اللي لاموني
شــبــك الغـــرام و القلـــب ولـــع يانــــا

No comments:

Post a Comment

submitgooglesitemap.com Sitemap Generator